On July 26, 2021, USFS District Ranger Douglas Ruppel met with the community at the Chiricahua Desert Museum to answer questions about the recent South Fork Draft Decision Notice.
Note that there is a firm deadline of August 2 to file objections on the final environmental assessment for the South Fork Day Use Area project. (Information on how to file objections is here.)
Below is a video of this meeting. (We apologize for the technical issues with this video. Despite some audio challenges, we wanted to make sure that people have the most recent data they need to make an informed decision on this matter.) Links to various items mentioned in this meeting are below.
- South Fork Day Use Area project page
- EA comments filed in August and Sept., 2020
- Responses to prior objections on the South Fork project
- Instructions for filing objections on the final environmental assessment (FEA), finding of no significant impact (FONSI), and draft decision notice (DN) for the South Fork Day Use Area project
- To get notifications on future developments of this project or others, sign up here.